I bought a five pound bag of frozen blueberries at Costco a few weeks ago and yesterday I realized that I probably won’t prepare enough yogurt smoothies to use them all up, so I decided to make a cobbler.
To give my recipe a little character, I added two of my favorite spices, cardamom and ginger, to the crust and filling, respectively. If I may say so myself, the crust turned out excellently and I will be using cardamom in pastries more often.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Grease deep pie dish using
1 tsp coconut oil
3. Mix together
2 cups frozen blueberries
1/2 cup sugar (Demerara/turbinado)
1 tsp shredded ginger
Set aside in refrigerator.
1 cup sugar (Demerara/turbinado)
1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
5. In a large bowl, combine
3/4 cup milk
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
6. Slowly add dry ingredients and whisk until smooth
7. Pour batter into greased pie dish
8. Remove blueberries from refrigerator and evenly sprinkle over batter; wait for them to sink
9. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes
10. Serve hot with a scoop of your favorite ice-cream.